Visit Bistro 101

Bistro 101

Visit Marah's Elegant Bridal

Marah's Elegant Bridal

Visit New York Minute Boutique and Salon

New York Minute Boutique and Salon
Home
Hours/Directions
~ First Level ~
Historic Hoff Mall
~ Upper Level~
HoffMall Apartments
Leasing
Information
Contact Us
Saturday, December 03, 2016 
 
 

The Hoff Building dates back to the very beginnings of Mount Horeb. Although it no longer stands, the original store purchased by Andrew Hoff in 1887 was the first business in early Mount Horeb. After passing through a series of owners, the store was moved in 1881 to the corner of what now is 1st and Main Streets.

In 1887 Andrew Hoff and his brother-in–law, Adolph Elver, purchased the store from Mr. Elliot. In 1905 Andrew Hoff had the front porch of the store removed and shortly thereafter purchased a neighboring store together with Piehs Meat Market and adjoining vacant lot. In 1916 Andrew Hoff began construction of the Hoff Store. J.B. Johnson became president of the company after the death of Andrew Hoff and following the death of J.B. Johnson in 1970, Lyle Johnson, after 36 years with the store, succeeded his father as president. Lyle remembers that the new Hoff Store was built over and around the then existing buildings and vacant lot in a series of construction and demolition stages designed to keep the store open for business and without missing a day of trade.

Joseph R. Gallina formed a partnership known as Hoff Associates and purchased the building on August 7th, 1986. Construction of the new Hoff Mall and Hoff Apartments (second floor) began immediately. The Hoff Mall opened December 8th, 1986, consisting of six shops on the first floor and an antique center on the lower level. On March 1st, 1987, Mount Horeb’s most convenient housing opened 12 contemporary apartments on the second floor. Hoff Mall is listed in the State and National Registries of Historic Places.

In 2007, Hoff Associates of Mount Horeb LLC renovated the first floor of the Hoff Mall six existing spaces into four enhanced and improved retail shops. A new awning was installed on the outside of the building to keep the historical feel along with to attract additional décor to the Hoff Mall. A new atrium grand stair case was installed to enter the lower level which is currently the new HoffMall Gallery consisting of nationally recognized artists. Five studio spaces were constructed to give artists the opportunity to have a place to work and make their artwork profitable at the same time. For the past 20 years the original lower level of 8000 Sq Ft space has been used as the Hoff Mall Antique Center. Joe Gallina originally purchased the Hoff Mall from Lyle and Hazel Johnson in 1986. To this day, the fond personal memoirs and business aspirations that Lyle led will always be remembered even more so after his death on November 23rd, 2002. With that, our mission is to still continue to provide a venue for the lover of the historical one-of-a-kind building located in the heart of downtown Main Street, Mt Horeb.

 

Information on leasing space in the historic Hoff Mall is now available!

For details, click here...
 

 

Home Hours/Directions First Level -
Historic Hoff Mall
Leasing
Information
Contact Us
 
Hoff Mall is a division of The Gallina Companies
©2016 Site design and hosting provided by ISADEX Corporation

Upcoming Bistro Events:

Stop over or call in your
To Go order at
(608) 437-WINE (9463)

Bistro 101 is open Tuesday through Saturday at 4 p.m. for cocktails, 5 p.m. for dinner.

Carry out available.

Come back soon for future events!